Few years before, one of my roommates dreamt of becoming a musician. He quit is day-job at one of the leading MNCs in order to pursue his dream. I consider myself a practical person. In my opinion, taking risk in pursuit of dreams is important, but a risk of a good career for something which is way too hard and involves a lot of luck? I thought to myself that he was making a huge mistake. I wasn’t close to him, so probably that’s why I had never told him what I thought. But I just assumed that he is going to waste few years and will have a hard path back into IT.
Then, I moved out, new room mates, different life, and sure it does pass very fast. 4 years have gone by, and I sat listening to lovely tunes thinking that it wasn’t him who made a mistake; it was just me, who assumed that he was making a mistake. His debut movie’s music has released and got very good reviews. Now, I feel happy for him that he succeeded in climbing the very tough first step. And now I’m sure that, with his passion he will become very successful at the career he chose for himself.
Lately, I’ve been keeping an eye on fonts. And looking for fonts whenever I find typography of a site extremely pleasant. Here is a small list that made into my good books
- Open Sans - Kind of over used lately, tops my list too.
- PT Sans - This font from Russia was in my good books from the day my team started using it for a project at my work
- Source Sans - Adobe’s first open source font. This is extremely nice too.
- Droid Sans - Was default on Android. Droid Sans Mono has been my editor font for a long while before I changed to Menlo. Still a great fan of this font family.
- Asap - Another lovely font introduced to me by my team.
Dear memcached, life wouldn’t have been any simpler for a lot of programmers and sysops without you. You are very special to us. You will always stay special. Thanks for making our complicated lives simpler with your presence. You worked so hard for us, 24x7 hardly demanding any attention. So simple, yet so powerful. Congrats on your 10 years anniversary and keep making our lives easier with your awesomeness :)